Two meetings have been held at the Universidad Politécnica de Madrid (UPM) with research groups outside of the HELICoiD consortium. These meetings had two aims:
- To disseminate the contents of the project and,
- To attract researches in other fields to collaborate with the HELICoiD project.
The first was held on 17th November 2014, those present were:
- Juana Sendra, Symbolic and Numeric Algorithms and Applications to Curves and Surfaces (ASYNACS) at the Universidad de Alcala de Henares (UAH)
- Rafael Sendra, UPM,
Hoon Hong, North Carolina State University and Editor-In-Chief of the Journal of Symbolic Computation,
- César Sanz and Eduardo Juarez, UPM and HELICoiD
The goal of the meeting was to look for a long-term collaboration with this group of researchers on the mathematical aspects of detection algorithms.
With a similar goal, a second meeting was hold on 19th December, with attendees:
- Margarita Ruiz, Pilar Barreiro, Lourdes Lleo, Belen Diezma, N. Hernandez, Laboratory of Physical Properties and Advance Technology in Agrofood (LPF-TAG)
- Çésar Sanz and Eduardo Juárez, UPM and HELICoiD
In this case, a long-term collaboration is sought with this group in the agrofood research field for the development of effective detection algorithms.
Both groups expressed a commitment to maintain contact into 2015.